Meet the Owner!
I visited We Rock the Spectrum in October 2019 with my son, Donovan. Upon leaving I knew that I had to look into opening a WRTS myself. Yes, one visit, and I was compelled to make it happen. I had always struggled to find a place where we could feel comfortable to play. Having a toddler son that has ADHD and is on the spectrum poses many obstacles to be in public with others. I tried multiple different play places and we always had to pack up and leave early. Many meltdowns, lots of criticism, and darting stares by other parents. I was so tired of hearing other kids and parents say things about Donovan to both him and to me. It hurt my feelings and was so exhausting especially as a single parent. That all changed when we found WRTS. We found somewhere we fit. There were no stares. Donovan could run and swing and be himself. Other parents talked to me and our kids were able to interact. We actually got to stay until he was ready to leave! We felt comfortable and content and I could boast with pride watching my son play. Most importantly he was beaming with happiness and never stopped smiling. One time at We Rock the Spectrum and I knew that was where we both belong. I had a dream and it is now a reality. I am so honored to be able to provide a safe place for my son and so many other children.
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination